Wednesday 16 January 2008

Dolmans in Brisbane

Hi Andy,
My name is Christopher James DOLMAN I live in Australia
Brisbane Queensland, Also have Grandparents in Hervey bay QLD

My Father is in Mackay QLD and an aunty here in Brisbane

QLD.

I have as well as my nanna been tracing back to our name and

I was thinking that your Family Tree may cross with ours somewhere.

My Nanna and Poppa are both from England and My Father also.

Just thought I would drop my name to you in case it helps
you also anything you can help with much appreciated.



Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Andy Dolman said...

Hi Christopher,
Thanks
for your email. I know that the Dolmans in Adelaide are related. They
emigrated in 1865. They came from Cherhill in Wiltshire. There are also
pockets of Dolmans in Australia who came from Bristol, who may or may
not be related. Do you know when your family emigrated or where in the
UK they came from. There are a few main areas that have Dolmans. North
Wiltshire; Salisbury area of Wiltshire, Berkshire, Staffordshire,
Northamptonshire and Pocklington area of East Yorkshire. If you are
lucky enough to be related to the Pocklington Dolmans then your family
tree goes back to the 1200's as they were an important landowning
family and there were plenty of records of them. I've managed to get
the North Wilts Dolmans back to about 1570.
Good Luck with your search

ps I tried to email you back, but the email address seems to be dead!