Sunday 11 July 2010

DOLMANS FROM BATH

Hi Andrew - my husband's mother was a Dolman, and her father, Thomas, born in Bath - he married twice - first to an Eliza, and secondly to a Mary Ann Angell - they had four children - Leonard, Reginald, Isabella, and Gwendoline Dora (who married a Harrison). Does any of this sound familiar? Hope so - my search is like looking for hen's teeth!

What I do know is that my husband's parents were George William Ernest Harrison, who married Gwendoline Dora Dolman, in 1924 in London. Gwendoline's parents were
Thomas Dolman and Mary Ann Dolman (nee Angell), who lived in Cotton Road, in Lyncombe, Bath. They had three other children too - Leonard, Reginald, and Isabella, the latter having lived in Hilperton Marsh, Wiltshire, for a while after her marriage.
I believe the boys died fairly early (58 and 65) but that Isabella died in the same year as Gwendoline (1979), though the latter died in Australia.

Thanls for any feedback you can give.

No comments: